Friday, March 20, 2009

Ballons

For the after party for Lauren's baptism I ordered a bunch of pink and black balloons. When the party was over the Mark, Lauren and Katie divided up the balloons. Lauren had four balloons, Mark had two balloons, and Katie had one. Within minutes I heard the back door close and Mark came around the corner, absent his balloons. I questioned Mark about the whereabouts of his balloons, and he told me he set them "free" into the sky. Then he wanted to do the same with Lauren and Katie's balloons, and was quite disappointed to discover they did not want to "free" their balloons. After some persuasion Lauren agreed to give him one of her balloons with the condition the balloon was not to be "freed."

Mark managed to talk either Colin or Ciarran into tying the balloon around his neck. He told me that the balloon was going to carry him to heaven. If only it were that easy....because let me tell you some days I would like to return him for a more cooperative model.

By the next morning the balloons had lost their lift and were no longer in danger of being "freed" at the hands of Mark but were subject to tossing, throwing, and sitting by four kids.

Katie, of course she had to have a pink balloon.

Kallie, demanded two balloons.
The balloons survived about two more days before I took matters into my own hands, and "freed" the balloons via scissors and the trash can.

1 comments:

Arianne said...

Oh that Mark! Kallie is still talking about him. Yesterday in the car she randomly started calling, "Ma-ark, Maaaaark" followed by "Kake", "Ya Ya"