Friday, July 25, 2008

Mommy Blogs

Bloger Suffering/Blogger Stalking: The process of linking to other blogs though blogs of your friends or relatives. An ability to secretly voyeuristicly look at the lives of others.

Admit it, you ALL do this. Don't try to tell me that you don't, because I will not believe you. It is a dirty little pleasure that we all enjoy. It is inevitable while being voyeuristic you will run across the blog of Ms. Perfect. No sugar coating necessary for her life, everything is perfect. Perfect husband, who is kind, attentive, all ways puts her first, give her flowers for no reason, tells her all day long how much he loves her, and treats her like the princess that she is. Her children, they are perfect to, they never argue, they never make a mess, they are always obedient, and they are the cutest kids on the planet, just ask her she will tell you. Her church calling, of course she magnifies her calling, and everything is done perfectly. Her house is always clean, not an ounce of fat on her body, and she shops at Nordstroms to boot. She is practically perfect in every way, or at least that is the filter with which you see her life on her blog.

For those of you who don't believe me, please visit seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com, for a satirical response to those perky mommy blogs so prevalent in family circles. Riddled with cheeriness and superlatives, this blog is a hilarious spoof on the way women portray their family life for their readers. Be careful it is so true to form, you might not catch that all those exclamation points are meant to be ironic. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Ciarran said...

I love seriously so blessed! Did Arianne send you the link because I sent it to her so I feel that I should totally get credit...

Tiffany Hales said...

I happen to read about this website in the Deseret News, they have a special section on Thursdays called Mormon Times, so no I am not going to give Arianne credit, and how not nice you sent the link to her and not me. After all who is the blogging QUEEN!!!!!

Ciarran said...

Fair enough. I actually don't know if I have your current email address. I don't like posting links in blog comments. It is the best blog ever though.

Stephanie said...

Guilty as charged. I must say I very much enjoy reading your blogs because they're well written and entertaining. I found your blog on my sister's blog (Melanie), but I also know Ciarran, and Arriane a little bit, so that's kinda weird. Now I'll check out this seriouslysoblessed and see what that's all about -- and I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I'm watching you. :D
(You can verify with Melanie that I'm not super creepy)