Friday, July 4, 2008

Flags and Fireworks

Mark did not get the memo that on the 4th of July you sleep in. He was sharing a bed with me and this morning at precisely 6:57 a.m., he woke up and said "Mommy I want some cereal, and I want to wear my flag shirt." I tried to bribe him with cartoons, which lasted about 20 minutes. Finally his continuous barrage of telling me to get up, woke up Katie, and I had no choice but to arise much earlier than I would have liked.
With the last bite of cereal in his mouth, Mark demanded a bath and to put on his flag shirt.
Mark and Grandpa in their flag shirts.
Upon being appropriately attired for the 4th of July, Mark next moved on to fireworks. This apple does not fall far from the daddy tree. We found ourselves a small firework stand and Mark, with the help of the clerk, picked out a few choice fireworks. Grandpa Hales is going to cook us some hamburgers, we are going to eat s'mores. When its dark, Mark is going to light off his stash. All and all a very good day to be Mark.

Mark and his prized fireworks.


Sparklers


Snaps


"I got my hands on Mark's stash!"

0 comments: