Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Buddy

Buddy has been a faithful member of our family for over seven years now. I purchased Buddy when I was pregnant with Lauren because I thought he was cute and he matched her crib and nursery. I placed Buddy in the crib where Lauren could see him. When she was a baby she would sit and stare at Buddy. Then she tried reaching for Buddy, and eventually she was able to grab him. For the longest time Lauren slept with Buddy impaled over her face. I was completely freaked out that she would suffocate, and would remove Buddy. The next thing I knew Buddy was back over her face. I gave up trying. I did not choose Buddy's name, that was all Lauren. Buddy is a well traveled monkey, Lauren never leaves home without him. Buddy and his alter ego, known as Vegas Buddy, have been the star of two made for family movies, "The Brookshire" and "Buddy's Revenge"'
This is how Buddy looked when he was new. He had a full head of hair and his fir was fluffy and soft, plus he smelled good. NOTE: Picture is not of the original Buddy, but rather Buddy's alter ego, or evil twin, Vegas Buddy.


This is how Buddy looks after seven years of Lauren "lovin." He no longer has hair, his fir is nappy and missing in places, occasionally he smells.


This is how Buddy looks when he has been "Buddy knapped" by Katie. Katie takes every opportunity to get her hands on Lauren's prized possession.


This is how Buddy looks when he has been "Buddy knapped" by Mark, who like Katie wants to steal Lauren's toy because it makes Lauren scream and what is better than making your older sister scream?

2 comments:

Ciarran said...

Buddy is a hard looking seven. He's seen better days for sure.

Arianne said...

poor Buddy, I hope Kallie's bunny doesn't end up that sad, but I think it's well on it's way.