Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

As you know the regular pace of our lives is frantic on a good day, and complete insanity on a bad day. So with the approach of the three day weekend, and no commitments, and no plans, I decided we would vacation at home. (Especially since being home is a luxury, and my house is a playground. Literally.) We even skipped church on Sunday. I know bad....but it was stake conference and Lauren would have been on the stand singing with the primary, leaving me with Mark and Katie, ALONE on metal chairs for three hours. (Technically stake conference was only two hours, except Lauren was to be there an hour early, which would make the stake conference experience three hours for me.) Jeff and Linda were out of town so I didn't have re-enforcements. I decided that even with Ipads, three hours would exceed manufacturer's specified recommendations for Mark and Katie.

Lauren and I decided it would be a 70's retro weekend. We started on Friday night with Battlestar Galactica and watched a few episodes. We continued Saturday until we watched the ENTIRE show, finishing at about 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning. After getting a few hours of sleep we started in on season one of Charlie's Angels....lets just say between Sunday and Monday we made a significant dent in season one.....

While the cats were watching TV, the mice were playing in the basement.

Yep, pretty trashed.

More mice playing.....
It was nice and relaxing. On Monday I decided I should justify my existence, and I sorted through my DI stuff, and itemized it for tax purposes, and took an SUV full to the DI. I also made the kids clean up on Monday night and do some homework.
We are all re-charged and ready to take on the week!

0 comments: