Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Every. Single. Night.

With the arrival of Ikea in Utah several years ago I stumbled across their completely cute, colorful and plastic dinnerware. "Perfect." I thought. "How fun to have such cute colored plates, bowls and cups for the kids to use." With of course the added benefit of the indestructibility of plastic, a necessary must for my kids.

Enter: Reality. Yes the plates, bowls and cups are cute and colorful, which is EXACTLY the problem. Every. Single. Night., there is a fight over the green plate. One, or sometimes two of my children end up crying because they did not get to eat dinner off of the green plate. You know dinner off of the blue or orange plate just doesn't taste the same. Just ask my kids, they will testify to this.

The insanity had to stop. My goal for 2011 was to simplify my life, and eliminate unnecessary stress.



Meet my new red dinnerware. Just as plastic as the Ikea stuff, but all the SAME color. Every child gets the same bowl, same plate, same cup.
Do we fight over the color of our plate? No. Now we fight over who gets the "first" plate. Because you know that the food on the second and third plate does not taste the same as the food on the first plate. Just ask my kids they will testify to this.
Arrrrruuuggggg!

5 comments:

Megan said...

OOOoooh....can I have your pink plate? ;) lol! This scenario is all to familiar!

Smullin Family said...

I totally thought of Megan's post as I was reading this. :)

Love the new dishes very cute and poka-dotty.

Arianne said...

Yes, I like those red dishes where did they come from?!

Tiffany Hales said...

Dishes came from TARGET! Like, the coolest store style wise on the planet!

Tiffany Hales said...

Megan:

I would give you my pink plate, but somewhere along the line in the last six months to a year the pink plate and the yellow plate have disappeared. I keep thinking they will pop up, but I did a big clean of my kitchen a few weeks ago, and no such luck.

It must be that darn black hole in my house....