Friday, July 1, 2011

True Colors

The end of summer always brings new crayons with the start of school. Well I decided the start of summer should bring new crayons. So Lauren, Mark and Katie all got a new tray of crayons for the summer. I do have to admit it was an obscene amount of money to buy three separate trays of crayons, but I weighed that against all the disputes I would have to mediate, and decided the price of my sanity was exactly $14.99 per tray. And trust me at that price the tray contains EVERY color made by Crayola.

This is my favorite, purple mountains majesty. Every once in a while I can swipe it out of someones tray and fulfil my own coloring fantasy.
It has inspired all sorts of creativity. This is a mask Lauren made.
These are Katie's self made scriptures, stapled together of course.
One side effect I didn't anticipate, the amount of letters I would receive. And of course the funnest part of the letter is putting in the envelope and sealing the envelope.
On to Staples, I need more envelopes.....

1 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Oh what bounty!
And the name---purple mountain majesty---give me goosebumps up my arms.
Guess I'm a softy for color and patriotism!