Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tales of the Housekeeper #8

Now in my house in the winter time I keep my furnace set at around 69 degrees. We all wear warm clothing, and if we are not moving around then usually we are bundled up under a blanket either on the couch or in our bed, and sometimes at my desk I use a space heater. I don't think 69 degrees is freezing, but I also don't think its tropical, but by January my body has adjusted to 69 degrees.

The other thing about my house is it has two furnaces. One for the basement and main floor and one for the upstairs. Now the upstairs doesn't have a ton of windows and no exterior doors, and heat rises, so the upstairs always feels warmer than the main floor. Which is good, we sleep up there, and bed time is usually the only time we spend upstairs.

For the last three Wednesday's in a row when I have gone upstairs at bed time to tuck my darling children into their beds I have noticed it has been exceptionally warm, as in 74 degrees warm. Which if your used to 69, feels really HOT. I have checked the thermostat and sure enough the heat has been cranked to 74 degrees. The first two times I just turned the temperature down, and really didn't give it a second thought. Tonight, I paused.... I knew my children were not messing with the temperature, because they hadn't been upstairs since they left their beds in the morning. The only person who had been upstairs was Rosalina.

The other reason this caught my attention was around 6:00 p.m. tonight I noticed that the main floor of the house seemed really cold so I checked the thermostat and discovered that it read at 63 degrees, and then I noticed the heat had been turned off. The only child tall enough to reach the thermostat was Lauren and she had been at school and dance all day.

Now here is the question I ask: Would you ever go into someone elses home and messing with their heating system???!!! Honestly, I would not. To me its like when you borrow someones car and reset all their radio stations, to your personal preferences. Its like a personal body bubble issue. It just flat out crosses a line in my book.

Not to mention what is the logic of turning off the heat on the main floor and turning up the heat upstairs??? Probably best NOT to try to figure that out.....

1 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Hm-m-m-m. Maybe she thinks the place is hers- - - and she just lets you hang out there.