Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Paper Dolls

This last fall I bought a cartridge for my Circut that makes paper dolls. Lauren has been bugging me FOREVER to use it, so I promised I would take it to Idaho and we could make paper dolls during Christmas vacation. After putting her off as long as I could, by New Years Eve I ran out of excuses, so out came the equipment to make paper dolls.

Even Colin joined us! (Well it was a choice between paper dolls with us, or the movie Son of the Mask with the boys, personally I think Colin make a wise choice....)

Katie of course had to have a princess doll.

An action shot of Colin hard a work.

Ciarran made a most adorable mermaid.

Here are some of the other creations.

I had a doll I cut out and I didn't gage the size of my paper correctly, which resulted in the doll missing a foot. Not a problem, Colin made a disabled army guy. Plus if you look closely Colin gave him chest hair, that was actually hair Colin pulled out of his arm....I am torn between being completely impressed with his creativity, or grossed out....

The kids then had a grand time playing with the dolls. Seriously. It probably entertained them for two hours the next day. Who knew that much fun could be that inexpensive?

Here are a few of our creations.

Even my manly Mark had fun. I made him a "prom" guy, who without the top hat actually looks like a missionary. Since Mark had the only boy doll, (Colin and Ciarran took their creations home,) all the girls were after him. He was quite popular when it came time to play paper dolls.

4 comments:

Jolee said...

Oh my gosh! That is too cute! I always wondered about that cartridge... awesome!

Arianne said...

Oh my gosh, Colin's paper doll had me laughing so hard - so gross! I'm totally jealous that I missed out on the new years eve festivities!

Chanelson said...

That looks like so much fun! And I'm with you on Colin's doll: So awesome and yet so ... ew.

Lora Dawn said...

Colin.....yeah great sense of humor.

LOve love love this batch of fun!