Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving crafting.

Its really not a holiday unless I am engaging in some sort of a craft project with one of my sisters. So at Thanksgiving it was coaster tiles with Ciarran. Ciarran was in need of a cute, inexpensive gift for her co-workers for Christmas. In Ciarran's office those who wish to engage in holiday fun sign up and they get a stocking on their cubical. Then each person who signed up is assigned a day to bring some sort of treat or fun gift to put in the stocking. Last year Ciarran got a bit overloaded with sweet treats, (something I did not think was possible) so she wanted to do something that was not a treat.

I can't take full credit for the coaster idea, I stole it from Arianne.

We took 4x4 tile, and Mod Podge a square of scrapbook paper on the tile.

We sealed it with a coat of hard coat Mod Podge. Look! Ciarran is actually doing this craft, I got an action shot to prove it!

Look how productive we were!

We tied them up with cute bows, and she is all ready to impress with her crafting skills.

And now for the close up....kind of wishing I worked in her office!

4 comments:

Jolee said...

Wow, CC being crafty?! This is one for the books for sure! :) I love these coasters... totally made some last year in Relief Society. We made them with pictures... so cute!

Arianne said...

I'm totally jealous -I didn't get to participate in sister craftiness! They turned out really cute though!

Lora Dawn said...

Now THAT looks fun!

Ciarran said...

Thanks Tiffany! I can't wait to finally give them out!