Saturday, August 27, 2011

A 1/2 Tee.

You know mother necessity is the mother of all invention.  Well my mother necessity need a shorter shirt to wear under my sundresses and summer shirts.  I HATE the line that a regular t-shirt gives when you wear it with a sundress.  To me it just looks tacky.  Plus in the hot summer months I don't want the added layer of fabric.  Now I have seen some 1/2 tees, but the the sleeves are minimal, and would look great on 21 year old arms but no MY arms.  So I decided to create my own 1/2 tee. 
I started out with my favorite shirt from the GAP outlet.  Its a great shirt because it is a cotton/spandex mix, so it feels good and with the spandex it retains its shape.
I promptly cut half the t-shirt off.
Next was elastic.  Although the photo does not show it really well, I found some elastic that had a scallop decorative edge.
Then I sewed the elastic onto the end of my shortened t-shirt.
Perfect for those summer shirts, and dresses.
I liked it so much I made it in pink....
and in black!  I am cool, comfy and stylin'.

3 comments:

jwilson said...

I've done that too, Tiffany, and put ribbing on the bottom. Comfortable, YES.
BTW thanks for info on your brother.We worry along with you.

Lori said...

You really should patent/market these. Especially on a LDS site...every Mormon in America (and beyond!) would be buying them up! Such a great idea!

Lora Dawn said...

perfect!