Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cookies

A few weeks ago Lauren came home from school and reported that several girls in her class are allowed to make cookies by themselves. Lauren informed me that she wanted to make cookies by herself. I figured, why not?


She is carefully measuring ingredients.

Including the flour.


Once it reached the dough stage, it was on to cookie formation, under Katie's watchful supervision.


Katie was seriously trying to swipe cookie dough, don't understand where she gets that from???


Cookies turned out great, and I declared Lauren to be the new official cookie maker in our house.





4 comments:

Smullin Family said...

It's funny, there have been several "jobs" (laundry, making/baking treats, dinner) my kids have recently asked to do by themselves. After letting them do it I think, "Why didn't I do this sooner?" It's such a nice break from EVERY day.

Good job on the cookies Lauren. They look yummy!

Arianne said...

So grown up! Tell her if she comes this summer I expect cookies to be made!

Lora Dawn said...

She must feel quite pleased....as well she should

angela said...

There is a strong cookie dough eating tradition in this family. Don't every introduce her to peanut butter cookies, Hertha's favorite, which we got sick of. Lauren's cookies look much more tasty and appealing than peanutbutter. Way to go Lauren.