Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Mark

Sunday it was birthday time for Mark! It started in primary. The first counselor was welcoming the kids to primary and looked around and said "It looks like we don't have any visitors today." Mark piped up "But you do have a birthday today." Hence announcing to the entire primary it was HIS birthday. Let the party begin.....


Of course it was a Thomas themed birthday party. The good new for me was that since this was the FOURTH year of having a Thomas birthday party, I did not have to purchase a single decoration, I have been recycling for three years now. Just call me green.


Here is Mark's yummy lunch. Per his request, grilled steak, baked potatoes, salad and Coke in a bottle. It was soooooo good.


Oh, yes all presents were Thomas, wrapped in Thomas paper. Did I mention his OBSESSION with Thomas has passed the five year mark?


He got a really cool track to make mountains. Seriously, if he does not move on to a new obsession I am going to be in trouble. I am running out of Thomas stuff to buy. Honestly I don't think there is a kid in America that has a Thomas set as good as Mark's. HE HAS NEARLY EVERY ACCESSORY. He is a toy makers dream.


Of course he had to have the Sodor Steamworks, which is where engines go to be repaired.
You must understand that when he receives new trains they must be introduced to the old trains. A proper introduction is required. Mark's job is to supervise the introduction and ensure that all trains are getting along.



I could hardly get him to stop playing with his new trains to blow out his candles.

It was a great day, and I love my little man, and his train obsession very much!



2 comments:

Arianne said...

I like his meal choice, very manly, I would expect nothing less from Mark!

angela said...

love the tier of cupcakes, very colorful and cute.
Yes, Mark has enjoyed and played with Thomas Train and had good use out of them. I wonder if he will ever go through a dinosaur stage. I think he's too techie to care about dinos. If he spends too long on Thoms Train he'll miss the stegosauras stage.