Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mark, our never ending souce of entertainment.


Here is Mark and this is typically how he looks. We call him an accident looking for a place to happen. Yesterday I swept the kitchen floor four times in an effort to keep on top of his messes. Lately he has a comment for everything.
Last week Rick and I were driving around after doing some erands. Lauren was at school so it was just Mark and Katie with us. Rick and I were talking about the presidential race and Mitt Romney dropping out. I told Rick that I had not listend to any talk radio in the last few days so I did not know what the political pundants were saying. I said that I was curious what they were saying because the political pundants did not like McCain or Huckabee. Mark piped up from the back saying "They don't like McCain or Huckabee?" I said "Yes Mark they do not like McCain or Huckabee." He said again "They don't like McCain or Huckabee?" I said "No they don't." He then said "What about John Edwards?" Rick and I were dumbfounded. We had not been talking about John Edwards at all. Clearly this kid is watching too much television coverage of the election.
On Lauren's birthday Brian and Courtney were sucking helium out of a balloon. After they started talking Mark told them they sounded like Cindi Lauper. How this kid knows that Cindi Lauper's singing sounds like somebody who has been sucking helium is beyond me. Rick and I are very concerned about what life with him will be like when he is a teenager.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

That was so funny! He is so smart. I am amazed he knew about Jon Edwards - I barely know about Jon Edwards! Good job on updating the blog!!!! All your pictures are so cute!

Smullin Family said...

What a smartie!!! I'm guessing he's more caught up with the latest, than I.
Alisha

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.